Wednesday, November 7, 2012

To The "Hopeless Romantic"

Actions speak louder than pretty words, and in some cases, the things you don't ask say the most! I received this message from Shane on Oct. 26:

Morning :) I'm Shane, loved reading about you, finding a man inside and out is possible...I am a hopeless romantic :) I would like to chat with you and see where it leads if you are interested? 

Those who wish to sing, always find a song.

~ Swedish Proverb

Ok, the swedish proverb was pretty cheesy, but I can take a little cheese if it's genuine, and he seemed very ambitious from his profile. Just in the first paragraph he mentioned trying to become Dad of the Year, acheiving his second publication, and climbing the business ladder of success; so I emailed back to see where it went:

Hi Shane!

I must admit I found your profile intriguing. How are you doing on your 2012 goals? I'm assuming so many of your pictures are more posed/professional as a result of the second publication you mentioned? How many kids do you have? And most importantly, when you aren't conquering the universe, what are the things you like to do in your down time? Anything outdoors and new experiences are pretty general - what was the last new experience that you had and enjoyed? 

Have a great Friday!

Katie

In turn he asked if he could call or text me. There were a few basic texts of intro, hi/how are you, and then at 10:34 on Halloween night:


Seriously? His profile was so promising! Yet, he never answered any of my initial questions, nor asked anything to show that he was interested in actually getting to know me. I will not be anyone's booty call - if you want to know who I am, then be respectful and plan a time ahead!

I thought I conveyed that appropriately, but then two nights later, I got another message at 11:08 pm....


I'm glad he was laughing, cause I thought my boot pic was a pretty hilarious response too! At that point I decided I was done with this guy who only seemed interested in me when he was lonely late at night, and decided not to respond (in addition to ignoring the text at 1:27 am that same night asking "U done kicking the boots lol").

Then the next night, at 1:12 am (as I was coming home from a really fun first date with another guy who actually bothered to have email conversation with me and make plans ahead) I got the last in the series of Shane's late night texting weekend, "How was your night cow girl :)" Part of me was tempted to tell him I just had a great first date, but I refrained. 

So here's the point of this whole story. I think his idea of what hopeless romantic means and my definition vary a bit. I would agree, he's hopeless in the dating world, but saying he's a romantic? This might not make much sense to you Shane, but asking me to be your late night visitor is NOT romantic! I would like to make amendments to his introductory email based on my experience:


Morning :) I'm Shane, loved reading about you, but really I just looked at your pictures, oops!, finding a man inside and out is possible, but it probably isn't me...I am a hopeless romantic :) Did I type that wrong? I meant romantically hopeless! I would like to chat with you and see where it leads if you are interested? But honestly, I'm only actually interested if it leads to you doing unladylike things to me late at night. 

Those who wish to sing, always find a song. And some girls are dumb enough just to see my pretty words and not listen to the music - I'm hoping you're one of them! 

So Shane, good luck with your pursuit of happiness, but unfortunately I listen to the music and for the things you haven't said or asked. Despite your well thought our lyrics, we do not dance to the same song!

No comments:

Post a Comment